- 6 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional, for extra flavor)
- Croutons, diced cucumber, and fresh herbs (for garnish, optional)
In a blender or food processor, combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, and garlic. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
Add the tomato juice, red wine vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil to the blended mixture. Blend again until everything is well combined.
Season the gazpacho with salt, pepper, sugar, and cumin (if using). Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
If the gazpacho is too thick, you can add more tomato juice to reach your desired consistency.
Refrigerate the gazpacho for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld and to serve it chilled.
Before serving, give the gazpacho a good stir. You can garnish it with diced cucumber, croutons, and fresh herbs if desired.
Serve the refreshing gazpacho in chilled bowls or glasses.
Enjoy this cool and tangy Spanish classic as a refreshing appetizer or light meal, especially on a hot day!