The Spanish omelet or Tortilla de patata is easy to make, traditional and nutritious.
2 small onions, finely sliced or get fancy and 1 jar organic caramelized onion by IBSA
25g chives (optional)
1. If you don't have organic caramelized onion by IBSA, slice the onions and cut the potatoes into roughly ½ cm slices.
2. (Disregard this step if you are using the IBSA caramelized onions) heat a generous dash of extra virgin olive oil Las Valdesas in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the onions gently for 10 – 15 until starting to go brown.
3. Place the potatoes in a steamer over boiling water for 10 - 12 mins to soften. If you don’t have a steamer, put in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer gently for around 8 - 10 mins until just cooked through and drain well.
4. Break the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork, season with a generous grind of pepper and a pinch of salt. If you are using the chives, use scissors to snip them into small pieces and stir in.
5. Heat the grill. Add a little more extra virgin olive oil Las Valdesas to the frying pan and add the potatoes. Pour over the egg mixture. Cook for 15 mins until almost set and golden brown underneath. Put the frying pan under the grill. Make sure the handle is outside the oven as it will become very hot and can burn. Cook for a further minute or two and serve.