Romesco is probably the most internationally known Catalan sauce. Based on tomato, garlic, nuts and olive oil, it's the perfect addition to grilled fish and vegetables, and it's VERY addictive as a dip. Sounds good? Here's how you make it:
🍅Ingredients (for about one 500mL jar):
1 garlic head
1/2 tsp SWEET PAPRIKA MAS VELL
45g toasted almonds
45g toasted hazelnuts
4 Tbsp LAS VALDESAS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL (more if needed)
salt to taste
1. Remove the seeds and stems from the dried ñora peppers, tear the peppers into small pieces and leave them to soak in a small bowl with the Moscatel vinegar.
2. Roast in the oven at 375F the garlic head and the two tomatoes until very soft.
3. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and peel them.
4. Drain the ñora peppers, but don't throw the vinegar away
5. Puree the roasted tomatoes and ñora peppers, and sieve the resulting mix into a bowl to obtain a smooth paste, that you'll put back into the blender.
6. Peel the roasted garlic and add it to the blender, along with the almonds, hazelnuts, sweet paprika, salt, the vinegar from the ñora peppers, and olive oil.
7. Blend until obtaining a thick nutty texture (correct the texture with more olive oil if needed). 8. Resist the urge to eat it right away and store it in a jar in the fridge - it's MUCH BETTER the day after!