Fideuá is a delicious Valencia dish that is similar to Paella.
- 400g Gourmet mussels in marinade
- 8 large shrimps (with their shells)
- 2 pinches of Origen Spanish Saffron
- 350g Gallo Fideo Pasta nº 2
- 5 tbsp Mas Vell Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion chopped (finely)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tsp 1921 From "La Vera" smoked sweet paprika
- 400g Gourmet squid in olive oil (cut into pieces)
- 650ml Seafood paella broth Gallina Blanca
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 large lemon juice, plus
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
- 1 small parsley bunch (chopped)
- Bring to boil 50ml of water. Put the saffron in a small cup, cover it with the hot water and let stand for 10 mins
- Heat the Mas Vell Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a 40cm Paella pan. Add the onion and stir around the pan for 5 mins until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then add the Gallo Fideo Pasta nº 2 and cook for 5 mins, stirring from time to time until the Fideo Pasta is toasted brown. Stir in the smoked sweet paprika 1921 From "La Vera".
- Heat should be moderate, stir through the Gourmet squid and saffron with its water, seasoning well. Spread the ingredients out in an even layer, then pour over Seafood paella broth Gallina Blanca (previously warmed up) and scatter the tomatoes on top.
- Bring to a simmer and cover the whole Paella pan with foil. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes.
- Uncover the dish and stir to incorporate the dry top layer of pasta. Add the Gourmet mussels into the Fideos. Arrange the shrimps on top, cover and cook for 6 more minutes or until the you get pink shrimps, and the pasta is cooked through.
- Simmer for another 2 or 3 minutes to cook off most of the remaining liquid. Then, leave few minutes in the Paella pan, this way the pasta won’t stick together. Allow to sit for 2 or 3 minutes, then arrange the lemon wedges on top.
- Spread some parsley and lemon juice before serving.
👨🍳Based on BBCGoodFood