Mushroom with caramelized onions croquettes
We want to share a mushroom croquettes with caramelized onions recipe that you and your family will definitely love.
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 100g finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 tbsp. Ibsa caramelized onion
- 50 g of wheat flour
- 400 ml of milk
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 egg
- Mas Vell Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the chopped mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of Ibsa caramelized onion and mix well.
- Season with salt, lower the heat to a minimum and add the flour all at once. Go stirring with a spoon so that the flour is distributed over the sautéed and let the flour brown for a couple of minutes.
- Add the hot milk to the pan in small amounts, stirring continuously to avoid the formation of lumps. Cook the croquette dough over low heat for 10 more minutes without stopping stirring.
- Pour the dough into a deep dish and let cool for at least 8 hours in the fridge.
- Form the croquettes with the help of two spoons. Pass them through beaten egg and then through breadcrumbs. Leave them on a large plate.
- Fry the croquettes in a pan with Mas Vell Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, make sure the oil covers the croquettes. Turn them over carefully and as soon as they are golden, remove them to a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the croquettes before they get cold.