Cured cheese in olive oil is a Spanish tradition that is one of the best ways to preserve Manchego or some other cheeses. Also, this technic turns the product into an even tastier delight, Covering the food completely with oil prevents contact with air, which helps to make cheeses last longer.
- Corcuera Manchego cheese
- Altius Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Glass jar (preferably).
- Optional: thyme, rosemary, peppercorns, garlic or/and cayenne.
(It is important that both the cheese and the oil are of high quality, the products we recommend above are perfect for this procedure.)
- Cut a wedge of cheese into small pieces, about the size of a bite.
- Place in a clean glass container with an airtight seal.
- Pour the Olive Oil into the jar and cover the cheese pieces with it. Cover tightly and store in a cool, dark place, or in the fridge.
- To preserve the cheese in a flavored oil, you can add fresh or dried herbs such as thyme or rosemary. Also, a good option is peppercorns, a clove of garlic and a pinch of cayenne for a spicy touch.