Matrimonio: Anchovy & Boquerón
Nobody doubts that Spain has the best anchovies in the world. Cantabria is, par excellence, the birthplace of the anchovy and the place where the best specimens of what many consider the ham of the sea are produced.
By combining the anchovy and the boquerón (white anchovy) we get what is called Matrimonio (marriage), which in many bars in Spain you will find as part of numerous pinchos or gildas.
- 1 package of Cantabrian Anchovies in Olive Oil
- 1 package of Santoña Boquerones (white anchovy)
- 2 tablespoons of Albea Blanca Organic Sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of Olive oil Las Valdesas
- 110 gr of Wood-fire red Piquillo Pepper
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 pinch of Pepper
- Lettuce leaves to taste
- Red onion (1/8 or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
1. In a bowl, mix two tablespoons of sherry vinegar, four tablespoons of olive, a minimum pinch of salt and pepper to taste, then add a finely chopped red onion and a clove of grated garlic, mix everything well until emulsified.
2. We arrange a bed with various lettuces on a platter and right on top the peppers cut into thin strips, and on top we intersperse the anchovies and boquerones. We distribute the dressing that we have in the bowl well and that's it, we have it, a great salad!
3. Enjoy as a starter or as a main dish.
Source: El Diario Montanes